Stress can be a major contributor to your spasmodic dysphonia, so relaxation can help you to undo this.
Meditation is a great way to help you to de-stress. It is simple, effective and easy.
You just sit, breathe and focus on the inside, leaving all of your worries and thoughts on the outside.
This way you allow your body and mind to heal. The tension will melt away.
Now Oprah Winfrey and Deepak Chopra have started a FREE 21 day Mediation program
That you can be part of. Just go to the link below and register:
I have joined and already have found more peace and relaxation that I will take with me
during my day.
The benefits for you will be:
- You can learn to let go of worries and negative thoughts
- You can learn to allow your body to heal itself
- You can learn to feel more connected with your body and with others
- You can learn to boost your immune system
- You can learn how to lower the level of your stress hormones
- You can learn to be able to deal better with stressful situations.
Meditation is practiced by men for more than thousands of years but only recently science is advanced enough to catch up.
To read more on this go here:
TIME Magazine: The Science of Meditation
Psychology Today: The Science of Meditation
Meditation Associated With Increased Grey Matter In The Brain
“Meditation is known to alter resting brain patterns, suggesting long lasting brain changes, but a new study by researchers from Yale, Harvard, Massachusetts General Hospital, and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology shows meditation also is associated with increased cortical thickness.”